Building or renovating a property can create the amazing living space that you desire. Building regulations play a key role when creating your dream open-plan designs.
Exposed staircases, full open plan layouts, loft and basement conversions can be achieved by installing an Automist® fire suppression system to meet building control safety requirements.
- Enables regulation compliant open-plan building layouts
- Protects fire escape routes
- Building regulation compliance when adding a loft conversion or basement
- Increases the value and appeal of your home
- Increases fire safety
- Allows buildings with difficult site access to be regulation compliant
The modern, sleek design of Automist® is an appealing alternative to traditional residential fire sprinkler systems. The Automist® system does not require a water tank, the compact pump will fit discreetly into your property and connects to the mains water supply. New build/renovation or retrofit installations can be carried out with minimal disruption.
At Fire Mist, our passion is to provide the highest quality service and installation when fitting Automist® automatic fire suppression to your home. Following a thorough site survey, we will provide a comprehensive no-obligation quotation.
The consequences of fire can have a devastating impact up on individuals and property. Fire safety standards are of paramount importance for housing providers, local authorities and private/social landlords. The Automist® design process takes into account the specific environment and wide range of needs of the building tenants.
Unlike traditional fire sprinklers, Automist Smartscan Hydra® can be installed in multiple living units at different times, allowing complete flexibility of installation when covering buildings of multiple dwellings/occupancy.
If a demonstration of Automist Smartscan Hydra® is required, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Targeted fire safety focused on the specific needs of the occupant/tenant
- Safety measure to aid compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
- Installation with minimal disruption
- Typically lower cost installation and servicing than traditional sprinklers
- No auxiliary water tank required, Automist® connects to existing water supply
Automist® is a technically advanced fire suppression system that can be installed to existing and new build premises with minimal disruption to building fabric and occupants.
Automist® residential applications include:
- Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMO)
- Student accommodation
- Sheltered and Social housing
- Housing for persons with specific needs
- Multiple types of sleeping accommodation
Heritage buildings can be particularly vulnerable to fire. Construction methods and materials rarely meet the fire resistance requirements of modern building standards. Many heritage buildings are open to the public, as such, fire safety should be of paramount importance. Automist® can be installed with minimum disruption to heritage or listed buildings and, in the event of a fire, Automist® causes minimal water damage using 90% less water than a traditional sprinkler system.
- Protection of listed and heritage buildings
- Fire suppression with minimal water damage
- Installation causes minimal disruption to existing building
- Discrete wall mounted design
Our core values include care, attention to detail and high quality workmanship. These values enable seamless installation of Automist Smartscan Hydra® into heritage and listed buildings.
Automist Smartscan Hydra® fire suppression systems
Open plan living – Vulnerable persons – Heritage buildings
Latest News & Articles
A Solution for Fire Safety in a Derbyshire Property
Call Us Request A Free Quote Introduction: Fire safety is a critical aspect of any property, particularly in residential buildings where people live and sleep.
Social housing provider chooses superior fire protection by Automist
Project requirements: Fire Mist were asked to install an Automist water mist fire suppression system to a house used as temporary accommodation for social housing.
February 11, 2023
Water mist fire suppression, Birmingham
Client requirements. Located in The Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, this 4 storey open plan property was fitted with Automist fire suppression to satisfy the requirements of the building regulations.